Quality Asphalt Repair Companies use Infrared Patching
Asphalt maintenance is vital for the longevity of your asphalt surface. During the life span of asphalt surfaces, it is common for significant areas of deterioration to occur. This generally is caused by heavy localized traffic patterns and erosion of the sub-base from water infiltration. Common areas for these repairs are severely "alligator" cracked areas and potholes.
Potholes, besides being unsightly, are dangerous and a huge liability issue for vehicles and individuals. Infrared technology heats the current asphalt surface, softening the asphalt without burning. Here at Valley Sealcoat, one of the many asphalt specialties that we offer is infrared patching. This method blends new asphalt with existing pavement material to create a joint-free integral patch. The use of infrared patching is a less disruptive and a more cost-effective pothole repair option.
- Low cost repair.
- Time needed for repair is significantly less than removing and replacing asphalt. Generally, the repair will take 15-20 minutes, making it ideal for commercial parking lot repair.
- Less disruptive to normal traffic flow.
- Thermally bonded repair with no new cold joints between the existing pavement and patched area.
- Pothole areas.
- Asphalt crack repair
- Utility cuts.
- Trip hazards.
- Speed bumps.
- Transition between asphalt and concrete surfaces.
- Remove oil/fluid spots.
- Adjust low and high areas.
- Improve water drainage to catch basins.
- Heat asphalt to soften repair area.
- Define the edges and rake to loosen the asphalt in the repair area.
- Remove up to 50% of loosened asphalt.
- Spray asphalt rejuvenator on repair area to replace oils.
- Add new hot mix asphalt and level.
- Roll all edges to provide a seamless bond, roll and vibratory compact balance of repair area.